Colorado State Champions: 1978, 1985 Class AAA
Welcome to the Mullen baseball page. The Mustangs have been competitive on the diamond for decades. They play up in classification and participate in the vaunted Centennial League. The Mustangs’ roster, which has included the likes of professional pitchers Clint Zavaras and Mark Holzemer over the years, usually draws college interest and has propelled Mullen into playoff participation for years. Mullen also sports Bill Swift Field, one of the better yards in the state, and is right next to the school’s Spirit Center that contains, among other items, a 60-by-40-yard indoor training facility that includes hitting cages.
Winter Workout Schedule
Winter Workouts are held after school Jan 8 through Feb. 2020. Workouts will be in the Green Room unless modified because of the weather.
- Mondays will be from 6 – 8:15 pm for Fresh/Soph
- Wednesdays 5:30 – 8:15 pm Juniors/Seniors and those players that were on JV/Varsity last year
- Saturdays 7:30 – 10 am Juniors/Seniors and those players that were on JV/Varsity last year
- Saturdays 10 am – 12:15 pm Fresh/Soph players
Please note that there will not be overlapping of the different groups as had been done prior to the break.
- Mondays and Wednesdays – 3:45 pm – 5:00 pm
- Fridays 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm excluding holidays and when school is not in session
Baseball coaches will not be present for the weight lifting sessions. This will be the responsibility of each player.
If a player needs to be picked up, or leave because of transportation or scheduling conflicts, they are free to leave. Remember that workouts are not mandatory.